Come visit us at our new website: pollutedpixie.com

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

LazyLady Snack Cake

I've said it before and it's something you all know about...

Lissy = Lazy

So, does it surprise you that one of my favorite recipes is super duper easy, really really quick and contains a smidgen of sugar? No, me neither.

Here's the deal, this cake can be whipped together in less than 5 minutes, not including baking time, obviously. It can also be just about anything you want it to be. I've made five different flavors of this cake, and there are many more I'd like to try. It's good iced, glazed, powered or just left plain. Basically, it's only limitation is the end of your imagination.

Because of the season, I'm going to give you the gingerbread-ish version of this awesome cake. If you're lucky, I won't laze-out and I'll add some variations at the end...



(Molasses Oatmeal Snack Cake)

Ingredients:

  1. 1 2/3 c. Flour (your choice of white or WW or a mix of both. It depends on the flavor of cake for me)
  2. 1c. Sugar (again, your call of white or brown. And, again, it depends on the flavor for me)
  3. 1 tsp. Baking Soda
  4. 1/2tps. Salt
  5. 3/4c. Quick Cooking Oats
  6. 1 sp. Ground Ginger
  7. 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (and Allspice, if you have it and want it)
  8. 1c. Water
  9. 1/3c. Vegetable Oil
  10. 1tsp. White Vinegar
  11. 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
  12. 2-3 tbsp. Molasses
* you could also add Candied Ginger, if you like it, and/or Chocolate Chips, Lemon Rind, Berries or whatever you think sounds good with gingerbread.

Instructions: (Now this is the really hard part... get ready)

  1. Preheat oven to 350degrees
  2. Dump ingredients in 8x8 square pan. Stir with fork.
  3. Bake 35-40 minutes.
The End

Unless of course, you want to frost it, then go ahead, do it. I've done a Lemon Cream Cheese icing with this version, also a lemon glaze (like in the picture above). I usually just eat it as is though, because I can't be bothered to make anything else.  

Variations:

 Berry's Lemon:

Omit Molasses, Ginger, Cinnamon, Allspice and Oats. Add rind and juice from one lrg. lemon, and 1/2-3/4 c. of berries.

CooCooCocoa:

Omit Molasses, Oats and spices (well, you can leave in the spices if you want). Add 1/4c. cocoa. Sprinkle1/2 chocolate chips on batter before you put in oven.

CookieCake:

Omit Molasses, Oats and spices. Add 1c. of your favorite cookies (mine's Oreos) cut into chunks.

S'more:

Omit Molasses, Oats, spices. Add 1/2c. Cocoa to batter. Sprinkle with 1/3c. each Chocolate Chips, Mini Marshmallows and Graham Cracker pieces.


Enjoy!
Hs&Bs
Lissy

3 comments:

Maya said...

Mmmmm sounds delicious! Those mixing and baking directions are kinda tough sounding though... I don't know if I can handle it!

Kristi said...

Mmmmmm, looks and sounds very tastey!!!!

The Owl Diary said...

Mmmm... That looks so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. ♥