Come visit us at our new website: pollutedpixie.com

Monday, February 17, 2014

Tough Bitches: 123 Days to Go

Monday

Fine.  Yesterday was a cheat day.  Everybody needs cheat days right? Lazy, I only live in my pyjamas type cheat days? I has loads of plans of getting up at the crack of dawn and doing the Mostly Mudder boot camp before my 9am shift at the clinic.  Did this happen? Fuck no.  I pressed snooze until I forced myself up at 8. 
Do you see a trend? I sure do and man, I gotta change my routines if I want to actually be ready for TM.

In the short time I left myself, I did manage to bang out 7 minutes of circuit training.
The idea behind this one, was to see where I stood, ability wise.  Like how many push ups can I do in 1 minute? 18.... Do girly style count? Because if no, then 3. THREE. Holy shit. Not even full ones. Like my chest came nowhere near the ground.  So real talk, I can do zero push ups.  UGH!  Be mildly annoyed at myself, shower and get to work.  I thought that I would have to be there till 7pm, happily turned out that I was done at 5.  Impromptu Spit run with Tash at 6!

Rebecca Spit: About 5.5 km from the Heriot Bay Road turn off, to the end and back again.  I don't have an odometer, so I really am making up that distance figure.  Someone told at some point the exact. But wtfc.


It is actually a really nice run/walk/meander, one of my favorites for sure.  Normally, it looks like this:



Nice and clear, most spots you can run two abreast. Buuuut, this is me we are talking about so....

Preparedness: One headlamp with mostly dead batteries for the two of us.  Silly girls.
This is very similar to what it really was like at 6pm in February. Minus some light, actually.

 
 
I definitely did not have much hope for myself as the last time I ran was The Goddess Run in Victoria, June 2013.  Surprisingly, I kept up with Tash for all of it, until we were forced to stop, lest we break a leg in the dark. Go Team!

Speaking of the Team.  Maya's brother has said he wants to do it with us! Adding strong boy power to the mix is a great thing!  Now we definitely need a solid Team name.  The Cunning Stunts, which we have been talking about might not fly with him.... 

Loves to the end!
Mandy

No comments: