Come visit us at our new website: pollutedpixie.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring/Hawaii/Books?etc...

It feels like spring today.

April is almost over and it's only just starting to feel like spring. That almost never happens here.

It's hard to believe that it's almost May and I still need to have my fireplace going all the time to keep the chill out of the house.

Maybe that's why I'm bailing to Hawaii in less than two weeks... no that's not why ( I mean, didn't I just say that it's starting to feel like spring?), but I am, did you know?

My SIL, aka: Beastie... eh-hem, I mean bestie... of 17 years and I are going on a 13 day Hawaiian cruise to celebrate our 30th birthdays. Our birthdays are actually months away, but you know, it's the sentiment...

It's getting to be crunch time. I'm trying to be uber prepared, as always. I'm neck deep in lists. Lists and lists and lists and list of my lists....

And I'm looking for good books to read.



We only actually spend 5 days on the islands and then the rest of the days we'll be cruising back across the ocean home, so I'm thinking I need books. I've gotten Tina Fey's Bossy Pants already, but I need a good fiction book too. Any recommendations?



2 comments:

Kristi said...

I didn't know it was a Hawaiian cruise, how fabulous!!! You will be missed here on our beautiful island though :)

As for books...well, I like to re-read my favorites over and over again, especially on trips where you might not be entirely focused on what you're reading, so by re-reading something you're not going to miss anything important. Know what I mean?? So I suggest taking 1 or 2 of your favorites to enjoy while you're lounging about or flying through the sky.

Hope you have a fabulous time :)
xo

Farrell said...

Maybe read one about hawaii to really get yourself absorbed in the history. Lucky duck xo fm