Come visit us at our new website: pollutedpixie.com

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mexican Paper Flower Tutorial


So, if you don't know me well, I'll tell you something about myself...I love Mexico! I love the heat, beaches, culture, colors....so many beautiful colors!! Last week my friend Alli turned 30, and we threw her a surprise party....and we wanted bright colorful decorations for her party, and since she loves Mexico too, these flowers were perfect for her party!!! So, here is a tutorial on how to make these beautiful paper flowers! Hope you like them!

You need 3 things: Tissue paper, scissors, and yarn, string or pipe cleaners. I got my beautiful tissue paper at Hummingbird Office & Art Supply store on Quadra Island.

Cut tissue paper for small, medium or large flowers. I cut the tissue paper in half for lrg. flowers, 1/4 of a sheet for med. flowers, and 1/8 of a sheet for sm. flowers.

Choose 5 or 6 colors.

Fold accordion style.


Fold in half to find the center.


Cut notches out on each side.

Tie your yarn in the center.

Scallop cut the ends for more of a flower effect.

Lay your tissue paper out like a fan.

Pull one color at a time up to the center.

When you are done one side, repeat on the other side.

Now, you have a beautiful flower! Congrats you did it!!!





2 comments:

Maya said...

Those are really cute! Good job!

Farrell said...

Wow!!!!! I love that! So simple and beautiful, maybe I can make some sort of poinsetta flowers like that for a christmas craft decoration. xoFm