Come visit us at our new website: pollutedpixie.com

Friday, February 04, 2011

Donut Holes!


So, I did it! I made donut holes! Yeah, I did. And you know what? They were glorious! I've decided that I'm going to be the new Mrs. Alice Horton (aka Gran) of my world!

Don't you know Gran?

Don't lie to me, I know you know.

Day's of Our Lives people! Gran always had a plate of fresh cooked donuts on her kitchen table, even when she was sick...even when she had oxygen tubes taped to her face... even when she was in the hospital... even when she was possessed by the devil! No wait... that wasn't her...

Anyways, fresh donuts! That's going to be my thing now. Well, the "hole" part that is...

You probably don't realize this, by my life was needing a little more deep-fried gluten. It really was.

Do you want deep-fried gluten too? I'll tell you how to make them. You love my half-assed recipes, don't you?

SuperDuperEasyDonutHoles! 

  • 3c. Flour
  • 1c Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Baking Power
  • 1tps Nutmeg (I'm a nutmeg snob, I think it should be freshly ground)
  • 1/2tsp Cinnamon
  • 1c Milk
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1tsp Vanilla

Combine the dry, add the wet, mix. Then drop small 1inch-ish sized balls of dough into hot oil. I think the oil temp is supposed to be around 350ish, but since I broke my thermometer, and I can't have a deepfrier (I'd deepfry everything) I've no idea how hot my oil was... sometimes it was too hot, some time too cool. Figure it out, work it out. After that, I dumped all my bits onto a cookie sheet and finished them in a 350 over for 10 minutes (because some of the middles weren't all the way cooked). I probably had to do this because of my oil issues, but whatever.

When they're hot outta the oven, roll them in sugar. And voila! Homemade TimBits!

Just a little love to add to your thighs.

Happy Jiggling!!

H&B's 
Lissy

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I don't need any more jiggling, but they sound delicious :)

Maya said...

Mmmm I made home made doughnuts and holes once and they were delicious but my house stunk like oil for days.