Come visit us at our new website: pollutedpixie.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Best Part about Halloween is...

I don't really need to say it, do I?



So, Kim and I went shopping on Friday. The goal, halloween costume odds 'n' sods for us and groceries for me. Now, the store where I buy my groceries from always gives you something free if you spend over $250 (one time, we got a DVD player, that was probably the best thing we've ever received). These things tend to be seasonal, in the summer, there are boxes of fruit, around thanksgiving and Christmas... turkey.

Can you guess what you get at Halloween?

Anyway, Kim and I are shopping and I picked up a nice big bar of chocolate with toffee bits in it from the candy aisle... of course. Kim got herself a bag of peanut butter cups and we moved on.

At the bulk section, I scooped up myself a 1/4 lb of sour candies and, feeling satisfied with my day, headed for the check out.

At that point, I've not even thought about the free thing I'll be getting, and let me tell you, that is usually the first thing I think of upon entering that store (well, obviously, it's something for free). As Kim and I are loading all the crap up onto the counter at the till, we noticed the person in front of us being brought a large box of Halloween candy.

"I bet that's the free thing!" Kim practically squealed at me. I'd like to think her excitement was for me, but really, I think she was planning about coming over to my house later on...

And it was!!!!

The free thing was a giant 1.5kg box of candy (that's around 3lbs for you Americans). Not only that... it's all Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Reeses Pieces!!!

SQUEEEEEELLLLLLL!!!!!!

Now, I'm not sure I've mentioned this before... but I love Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. They are my favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack(s). They make my day bright and light and shiny.

So now I have a big bar of toffee chocolate, a large bag of sour candies and a giant box of halloween candy! Seriously, that made my trip across on the ferry worth it 3 times over.

Next stop, Dollarama for more Halloween junk...

Where I buy 2 Reeses Peanut Butter Bars... the big ones.

*cough*.

But you see, I had to. I always buy them when I go there because they don't sell them anywhere else! And they are the best, even better than the RPC's. It didn't matter that I had 50lbs of sweets in the car, those choclate bars needed to be bought and stashed away for emergencies... like breakfast.

So you see now, I had to.



Do you know what I've been eating for the past 4 days?

Do you know how happy I am about this?

Now excuse me while I go and happily glutton myself to 900lbs.

H&B's
Lissy

*** PS. Remind me around Christmas to put up my Peanut Butter Cup recipe... if you're interested that is.

*** PPS. Sorry about the amount of words there... do you have a headache now? Maybe you need some chocolate... but not mine, I don't have enough to share.

3 comments:

Maya said...

This is me reminding you to put up your peanut butter cup recipe at Christmas because I probably won't remember at Christmas. Also I hate you and your skinny ass eating all that chocolate and peanut butter... and still having a skinny ass!

Kristi said...

I know where I'm going on Halloween...do you think there will be any of that candy left by then???

Lissy said...

@ Maya.... NeenerNeener!!! Eh-hem... I mean my skinny ass greatly apologies for any offense... I mean... NeenerNeener!!!!

@ Kristi... hahahahahaha!!!! Seriously? You realize that's, like, 17 days from the day I brought it home. I'm on day 6 of eating next to nothing but chocolate now. The box is dwindling. By Halloween, it will be a vague happy memory.